LEGACY CHURCH (Lehigh Valley Project)

Monday, November 26, 2007

A VISIT TO THE VALLEY

Our family traveled to the Lehigh Valley for Thanksgiving, and it was great to be home. We went to the annual rival football game on Thanksgiving Day, which is now going on its 102nd consecutive game - the Easton & Phillipsburg game has been on ESPN for the 100th and the 75th game. It is a lot of fun, with about 15,000 crazed fans; and this is an event my boys and I have attended for about 12 years in a row. Hanging with the family and friends on Thanksgiving Day was a blast, and plenty of food was to be had by all!

On Friday the 23rd (Black Friday) I bought a map of the area, and my brother in law and I took a day to scope out the area. I think we have narrowed it down to two areas that are on the outskirts of Allentown. Both areas have a ton of growth potential and already have a good mix of folks at various levels of income. Additionally, both are within 5-10 minutes of inner-city ministry work in Allentown or Bethlehem.

Both Saturday and Sunday morning I prayed over both areas and for inner city Allentown and Bethlehem. I am asking that you would also pray for those areas, and also pray that God gives me clear direction on what area of the two to choose from.

Please pray for those in the Lehigh Valley who do not yet know the story of the Creator and of Jesus, and how the script of their story can be re-written once they know Him!

No comments: